With DCS World, X-Plane, Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepare3D, you can connect Tacview to the flight simulator in real-time. Here's how:
On the Same Computer
- Start flying in your favourite flight simulator
- Open Tacview
- Go to Recording -> Real-Time Telemetry, enter localhost as your address, and Connect. You should start seeing your flight in Tacview immediately
On Two Different Local Computers
- Start flying in your favorite simulator on Computer # 1.
- Make sure you know the Local IP Address of this computer – open a command prompt and type ipconfig to find it.
- Open Tacview on computer #2
- Go to Recording -> Real-Time Telemetry, enter the Local IP Address of computer #1 and click Connect.
On Two Computers on Different Networks
- Make sure the port you will be using (default port is 42674) is open/redirected on your firewall.
- The host must advise the client of the host's public IP address and Tacview Host Telemetry Password if applicable. Leave password field blank if no password is desired.
- The host starts flying in their favourite simulator
- The client opens Tacview and goes to Recording -> Real-Time Telemetry, enters the Public IP Address of the host, along with port and password as applicable, and clicks Connect.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.