- 1 Troubleshooting Checklist
- 2 License
- 2.1 I lost my product key after reinstalling my computer. How can I recover it?
- 2.2 Can I upgrade Tacview Standard to Tacview Advanced? At which cost?
- 2.3 What are the differences between Tacview Standard and Tacview Advanced?
- 2.4 My virtual squadron is planning to buy many licenses at once. Can we get a special discount on Tacview Advanced?
- 2.5 My squadron is planning to buy several licenses at once. Are we going to get one product key per user?
- 2.6 I own one license of Tacview. Can I use it both on my home desktop computer and on my laptop at the campus?
- 2.7 Which versions of Tacview will work with my product key?
- 2.8 I bought a product key, where can I download the complete version of the installer?
- 3 Technical issues
- 4 General questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions. This is a good place to look for an answer. If the answer is not here, feel free to check the FAQ dedicated to your favorite flight simulation for more specific questions.
Before contacting us, please check the following points:
- Does your system meet the minimum requirements?
- Are your graphic card drivers up-to-date? NVIDIA GeForce // AMD Radeon // Intel
- Did you install the latest official version of Tacview?
(Please keep in mind that it is normal to find bugs if you are running beta versions)
- Did you check the FAQ below?
- Did you read the documentation dedicated to your flight simulator/input device?
- Did you search the forums to see if your issue has already been listed?
I lost my product key after reinstalling my computer. How can I recover it?
Send us an [- Lost product key|email] with as much details as possible about your order, including your full name, the email address used for the order and the approximate date of purchase. We will send you back – as soon as possible – your product key. Please remember to print it, so that the next time you lose your data you won't have any interruption to your enjoyment of the full version of Tacview!
Can I upgrade Tacview Standard to Tacview Advanced? At which cost?
Of course you can! Just send me an [- License Upgrade to Tacview Advanced|email] with a reference to your current licence and I will send you back a link to buy the upgrade at a discount. The cost is approximately equal to the difference in price between the two versions.
What are the differences between Tacview Standard and Tacview Advanced?
Please have a look at the features comparison to find the edition which suits your needs the best.
My virtual squadron is planning to buy many licenses at once. Can we get a special discount on Tacview Advanced?
Of course! Please send me all the details about your squadron and how many licenses you plan to order. I will set up a special discount for you.
My squadron is planning to buy several licenses at once. Are we going to get one product key per user?
Yes, you will receive one key per user after your order has been completed.
I own one license of Tacview. Can I use it both on my home desktop computer and on my laptop at the campus?
Yes you can! As long as you don't share your product key with your friends, you can use your license on all of your computers regardless of their location.
Which versions of Tacview will work with my product key?
Your product key will be work for all Tacview 1.x and 2.x updates, including beta versions.
I bought a product key, where can I download the complete version of the installer?
There is only one version of Tacview installer. All the features will be unlocked as soon as you enter your product key.
On my laptop, Tacview randomly crashes after a few seconds or minutes of use.
It is possible that your laptop is running Tacview on your Intel GPU using old drivers. In that case, it is strongly recommended to install the latest official drivers from Intel.
If your laptop is equipped with an AMD or nVidia GPU, you can also use the dedicated tool to force Tacview to run on your discrete GPU. Not only this will avoid the instability of Intel drivers, but this should also give you a smoother 3D rendering experience.
When I launch Tacview, it freezes and become unresponsive.
As a quick first test, you can delete the following registry key, then restart Tacview:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Raia Software Inc.
There are several programs which are known to inject invalid instructions during Tacview 3D rendering phase. This can cause crashes or freeze. If you uninstall/disable the following programs and services, this should fix the issue:
- Nahimic OSD service may be stuck in an infinite loop during OpenGL rendering, freezing Tacview at startup on secondary monitor in some cases.
- Dxtory program is corrupting the RSI register, crashing Tacview at startup.
ACMI files are taking up a lot of space! Can I compress them?
You can easily compress .txt.acmi files using the command line. Feel free to modify the batch file CompressACMIFiles.cmd to compress many files in a row and save a lot of disk space (ACMI binary files are about six times smaller than text files). Don't forget to erase the old .txt.acmi files after the conversion!
Tacview.exe -Open:"Tacview-20150512-191044-DCS.txt.acmi" -Save -Quiet –Quit
If you are working with Falcon 4.0 VHS files, do not forget to specify the proper theater BEFORE opening the corresponding VHS file:
Tacview.exe -Falcon4Theater:"Korea" -Open:"TAPE0004.vhs" -Save -Quiet –Quit
My DCS World flights are not recorded (or recorded anymore), how can I fix this?
There are many reasons why DCS World flights could not be recorded. Please see the DCS World User Guide to find why.
When I open a Falcon 4.0 VHS file, Tacview does not display the proper terrain. What is happening?
You probably missed the theater choice in the open-file dialog box. Please see the Falcon BMS User Guide find how to select the proper terrain and even how to import your own one!
These official threads contain a lot of answers to the most common questions. The community is helpful and will be pleased to guide you during your first steps with Tacview.
- Tacview Official Forums (English)
- DCS World Offical Threads (English/French)
- Falcon 4.0 Official Threads (English/French)
- Command: Modern Operations (English)
- IL-2 Sturmovik Offical Threads (English/French)