- 1 Important Points
- 2 Setup
- 3 Play
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 4.1 Why are some units appearing underground or under water?
- 4.2 Why don't I see the same terrain textures in Tacview as in C:MO?
- 4.3 When I click 3D view in C:MO, nothing happens!
- Command : Modern Operations (C:MO) uses real-time telemetry which is a feature of Tacview Advanced, so make sure you have purchased and installed Tacview Advanced either through Steam or through the website http://tacview.net/purchase .
- Respecting the wishes of C:MO, no ACMI recordings will be generated by Tacview during use with C:MO
- Customizations such as adding your own database entries and/or 3D objects are generally not available when using Tacview with C:MO because C:MO's declarations override Tacview's. Terrain customization is possible - see further down on this page.
- C:MO controls most of Tacview's UI features to provide a homogeneous experience. Manipulation of the 3D view is limited to zooming in and out using the mouse wheel and rotating around the selected object using the right mouse button.
In C:MO, go to Game -> Game Options -> Tacview
Select the correct executable. If you have purchased Tacview Advanced through Steam, the executable will be something like
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tacview\Tacview64.exe for 64-bit or
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tacview\Tacview.exe for 32-bit.
If you have purchased Tacview Advanced through the website, the executable will be something like:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Tacview64.exe for 64-bit or
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Tacview.exe for 32-bit.
After launching a battle or campaign in C:MO, go to View -> 3D View to open a window within C:MO where Tacview will display real-time information from the battlefield.
Use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out, and the right mouse button to rotate around.
Why are some units appearing underground or under water?
There may initially be discrepancies between Tacview's native elevation data and the elevation data used by C:MO. To resolve this issue, download SRTM30 plus files from
and place them in the folder
Why don't I see the same terrain textures in Tacview as in C:MO?
If you would like to see the same terrain textures in Tacview as in C:MO, download the images here:
To keep your system operating at peak performance, it is recommended to take only the tiles that you need in order to run your favourite campaigns and battles.
Place the images in C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\.
Close and re-launch Tacview in order to view the textures.
When I click 3D view in C:MO, nothing happens!
Make sure you are using the latest beta version of Tacview.
If you are running Tacview through Steam, sign up for betas following these steps:
- Go to your Steam library
- Right click on Tacview
- Select Properties
- Go to the Betas tab
- Choose from the drop-down menu beta - Beta builds for Standard and Advanced users
If you are running Tacview standalone, download the most recent beta here:
Close and re-launch everything and try again.
Are you running C:MO standalone (non-Steam version)?
If you are running C:MO standalone (non-Steam version), C:MO may have launched itself as admin, which is not compatible with Tacview's Steam version for security reasons.
Try running C:MO not as admin, by copying the executable into another folder, such as C:/Games/.
Are you running Windows 7?
If you have 64-bit Windows 7, please download and install this: https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/7/6/E76850B8-DA6E-4FF5-8CCE-A24FC513FD16/Windows6.1-KB2506143-x64.msu
If you have 32-bit Windows 7, please download and install this: https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/7/6/E76850B8-DA6E-4FF5-8CCE-A24FC513FD16/Windows6.1-KB2506143-x86.msu
Restart your computer & try again.
Still not working?
If none of the above helps please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com and including the contents of your log folder - find your log folder at %TEMP%/Tacview/